First Assembly Roxas Missions, Incorporated
F.A.R.M. IS THE HOME OF
MOVING EXPERIENCE – An intentional discipleship process that brings people to increasing levels of commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and to the local church
SUMMER OF SERVICE (S.O.S.) – A church planting system that mobilizes ordinary believers
BEREAN SCHOOL OF MINISTRY - A modular school for those who want to plant the churches that they will also pastor
ROCK THE CITY CONCERTS - Evangelistic concerts to reach today’s generation featuring the Street Signs band and Extreme Movers dancers.
F.A.R.M. THEN AND NOW
• In May 5, 1978 (just 4 days after their wedding) Rey and Zeny Calusay arrived in Roxas city to pastor the church of 25 people that was pioneered by Rev. Roger Fernandez in 1971
• Working during the first two years was like working in a dark tunnel, with religious extreme opposition
• After a year of all night prayer meeting, attendance started to increase
• Rey started what became the key to their ministry: equipping the believers to do the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:12)
• Started training of lay leaders during night sessions
• Started all-church Ministry Seminars
• A typhoon in 1985 devastated homes and properties but led to more open homes for Bible studies.
• Over a hundred church leaders were mobilized weekly to conduct home Bible studies and cell groups.
• Church attendance exploded
A LARGER SANCTUARY NEEDED
• The 200 seat- chapel built by American missionary Rev. Mamie Williams was too small to accommodate the growing congregation.
• Started to hold services in movie houses, school auditoriums and other rented halls.
• Meanwhile, the old chapel was demolished to start building a three story building that has yet to be completed until now.
• The neutral grounds paved the way for more sympathizers to attend church services
• Many saved from the city and neighboring towns
• Groups from neighboring towns traveled to attend church in Roxas City
TIME TO MULTIPLY, BIRTH OF BSM AND SOS, 1986
• Beginning of Summer of Service – a church planting strategy to mobilize FARM members to plant churches in the neighboring towns.
• Beginning of Berean School of Ministry – a church-based training school for church planters to produce pastors that will plant and pastor these town churches.
• In 5 years, churches were planted in all 16 towns of the province of Capiz
GOD’S PLAN: BEYOND ROXAS CITY
• Developments evidenced that God’s plan for First Assembly is not confined in Roxas City
• Training of church planters continued as students from all over the Philippines came to be trained.
• Church planting through SOS developed to be a nationwide program
A CHURCH CULTURE FOR MISSIONS
• The commitment of its members enabled FARM to fulfill its missions purpose
• FARM members sponsor and house church planting students and give to missions fund to support church planters.
• Along with the churches in the Island of Panay, FARM provide leadership and volunteers for the annual nationwide church planting of the Assemblies of God in the Philippines.
• Roxas City, then a third class city has rapidly evolved into a booming urban city
• First Assembly continues to be creative in reaching its community
• Discipleship of believers and putting them in various areas of ministry has never been more intensive and intentional.
• Committed to develop and provide training and ministry resources to meet the growing demands of church planting, discipleship, missions and pastoral ministry
• Committed to inspire local pastors to empower their church people for church planting and missions.
• Continue to be a catalyst to accelerate church planting, envisioning a great church planting movement to happen in the Philippines.
• Invests in the youth today, to prepare and raise up the next generation of leaders.